Cloth Wipes 101: 4 Easy Wipe Solutions
Step One of using cloth wipes is to get them WET! Below we’ve listed our top 3 recommendations for cloth wipes solutions.
We LOVE NOLEO. Could talk about it all day long. It was actually made by a cloth diapering parent, so they know exactly what they’re doing. This liquidy-cream wicks away poop while also fighting diaper rash and irritation. It has simple ingredients which help protect and restore baby’s skin. Learn more about it here.
To Use Noleo:
- Can be used straight on poo or at a pee diaper change.
- Squirt 1 pump onto cloth wipe.
- Wipe poo with Noleo-covered-wipe towards the back of baby’s bum, scooping and cleaning up as you would normally.
- Once clean, leave extra Noleo on baby’s bum – no need to wipe it off.
NOLEO is cloth-safe, and can be added to your diaper delivery anytime through our store, or added as a monthly subscription.
#2 BABY BITS WIPE SOLUTION
Another awesome wipe solution is Baby Bits! This solution smells wonderful and is super convenient. The glycerin soap prevents irritation and the tea tree oil is an antifungal and antibacterial. A natural disinfectant!
To use Baby Bits:
1. Dissolve 1 cube into the spray bottle or cup of warm water.
2. Spray directly onto wipes at diaper change.
3. Or moisten wipes with Baby Bits and place in wipes warmer or wet bag so they’re ready to use right away. We recommend only doing one day’s worth of wipes at a time.
Check out this video to see a demo. Add Baby Bits to your next delivery!
#3 HOMEMADE WIPE SOLUTION
Save money by making your own homemade wipe solution! The olive oil in this is great for protecting and moisturizing baby’s skin. There’s a variety of ways you can use this solution, so find the option that works best for your routine.
- Put solution in spray bottle and spray wipes or bum directly at diaper change.
- Dunk a few wipes at a time before a diaper change.
- Keep wipes soaking in a wipes warmer or wipes wet bag. Only do enough for one day at a time otherwise they could mold.
This solution is also cloth-safe and smells wonderful!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lavender castile soap
- 4 drops tea tree oil
- 8 drops lavender oil
- 3 cups water
The simplest and most inexpensive solution of all! You can use this just like you would the homemade wipe solution by pre-wetting with a spray bottle, under the sink or soaking in a container. This is also a great option if you’re on-the-go and don’t want to carry your Noleo or homemade solution.
If you haven’t given cloth wipes a try yet, check out why you should make the switch. A small swap from disposable wipes to cloth wipes can make a HUGE difference! Get started by adding them to your next delivery!
P.S. We have Waste to Energy disposable diapers & wipes that never see a landfill! Learn more here.